East Rutherford School District Pre-K Program
Please be sure to review the full Press Release for additional registration information and requirements related to our Pre-Kindergarten program.
East Rutherford School District Pre-Kindergarten Registration
The East Rutherford School District’s online Pre-Kindergarten registration will commence on March 1, 2022 and must be submitted via Genesis by March 30, 2022 at 8:30 AM for the 2022-2023 school year.
Before and after care programs for the Pre-K students will be determined pending enrollment. It is also important to note that the Preschool program will continue to be housed at the Faust Annex.
Children must be 4 on or before October 1 to enter Pre-K 4
Children must be 3 on or before October 1 to enter Pre-K 3
Pre-K Sessions (based upon availability):
Full Day 8:10 A.M. - 2:30 P.M.
Half Day A.M. 8:10 A.M. - 10:40 A.M.
Half Day P.M. 12 P.M. - 2:30 P.M.
Please submit your registration request through the Genesis Open Registration portal and be sure to upload required proofs of residency, your child’s birth certificate or passport, custody documents (if applicable), and immunization records/physical examination documents. Additional required forms can be found on our website and must also be uploaded at this time (i.e. Home Language Survey, Authorization for Exchange of Confidential Information, etc.). Please reference the Registration Overview page for all required documents, as well as additional documents that may be applicable to your child(ren).
The process for Pre-K selection is as follows:
- At the time of registration, each registrant will be entered into a system that will randomly select names.
- At the close of the registration period on Wednesday, March 30, 2022 at 8:30 AM, all applications will be placed in order according to the randomized name drawing.
- Seats will be assigned according to this drawing and based on the selected program.
- It is our hope that we can accommodate all students, and we will offer a “second” choice as an option during the online registration process.
- Parents will be notified of their child’s assignment sometime around the end of April.
- Should we have remaining seats following the close of registration, we will reopen registration