REGISTRATION FOR THE EAST RUTHERFORD SCHOOL DISTRICT
Welcome to the East Rutherford School District!
Click HERE to register your child through the Genesis Open Registration Portal
The East Rutherford School District serves students in grades Pre-Kindergarten through 8. Registration for both McKenzie School (Grades K-4) and Faust School (5-8), as well as pre-registration and entry into the lottery for the Pre-Kindergarten classes hosted at the Annex Building are to be completed digitally through the Genesis Open Registration Portal. When registering, please be sure to select either the current school year for immediate registration (i.e. if you have just moved into town, etc.) or next school year if you intend to register for the start of school in September. If you have any questions during the registration process, you can reach out to the Main Office of the appropriate school buildings.
McKenzie School and Pre-K: 201-531-1235
Lincoln School: 201-636-7340
Faust School: 201-804-3100
When registering, the following documents must be provided for ALL INCOMING STUDENTS in order for the school district to process your child:
- District Registration Packet (Includes the following):
- Student Enrollment Form
- Authorization for Exchange of Confidential Information
- Domicile Form
- Home Language Survey
- Health Appraisal Form
- Student Birth Certificate
- Proof of Residency (property deed, residential tax bill, or lease) AND any two (2) of the following: telephone bill, gas/electric bill, cable bill, etc.)
- Personal Identification of the Parent/Guardian
- Record of Physical Examination (Universal Form from your pediatrician OR this template)
- Record of Immunizations (Universal Form from your pediatrician OR this template)
All documents can be completed digitally or printed and filled out by hand, but they must be uploaded to the Genesis Open Registration portal. If printing and filling out by hand, you can scan and upload documents using a computer and scanner or use a cell phone camera to take pictures and upload files directly into the Genesis Open Registration portal.
Please note: You will be contacted by a representative from the school’s Main Office to review your documents once your registration has been successfully submitted. Additional information may be required as requested by District representatives. If requested, please provide documentation as quickly as possible so as to not delay the registration process.
Students transferring into the District from another school must also provide the following:
- Records Release Letter
- Official School Transfer Card (sent from the previous school)
- School Report Cards/Transcripts
- Other School Records
The following documents may be required if applicable to you and your child:
- Residency Affidavit - If no lease is available, the alternative is a notarized affidavit from the landlord/homeowner as well as proof that the landlord owns the property, example: sewer bill, tax bill, or deed to the residence). Please note that the notarized affidavit must be filled out and signed by the homeowner and the name on the deed, sewer and/or tax bill must match the homeowner's name.
- Proof of Guardianship (court papers or other legal documents)
- Authorization for Administration of Medication - If your child requires medication to be administered in school, please have the child’s pediatrician complete the Authorization for Administration of Medication form, and submit it to the online registration portal in Genesis.
- Permission for Administration of Epi-Pen by Unlicensed School Personnel - If your child has an allergy that requires an Epi-Pen, please have the child’s pediatrician complete the Epi-Pen form, and submit it to the online registration portal in Genesis.
- Asthma Action Plan - If your child has asthma, please have the child’s pediatrician complete the Asthma Action Plan Form, and submit it to the online registration portal in Genesis.
- Food Allergy Emergency Care Plan - If your child has a food allergy, please have the child’s pediatrician complete the Food Allergy Emergency Care Plan Form, and submit it to the online registration portal in Genesis.
Please note: Incomplete submissions will delay the registration process for your child. If you have questions as to whether any additional forms are required of your child, please contact the school’s Main Office for further information.