East Rutherford School District Pre-K Program
Dear Pre-K Parents & Guardians:
I hope that you and your family are all in good health and have enjoyed the summer break. I am excited to announce that school will begin for all students in person on Monday, September 13th. Please note that Monday, September 13th and Tuesday, September 14th will follow a one session day schedule. The East Rutherford Pre-K program will be held at the Faust School Annex located on Grove Street and Everett Place.
All opening day documentation will need to be completed digitally through the Genesis Parent Portal. There are a number of important forms, documents, policies/regulations, and agreements that must be read, reviewed, and acknowledged accordingly. You can access all content by logging in to the Genesis Parent Portal HERE. If you are unable to login, first troubleshoot using the Forgot My Password link on the Genesis homepage. If you are still unable to access your account, please contact McKenzie School Office for support. All forms are to be submitted by Friday, September 3, 2021. Please note that if you do not complete all of these forms/acknowledgements, you will be restricted and/or limit access to Genesis for teacher assignments, along with other technologies offered by the District.
Please see below for a few important reminders that are essential to help your child transition for the first day and for the school year:
- The East Rutherford School District Reopening Plan: "The Road Forward: Health and Safety Guidance for the 2021-2022 School Year"
- McKenzie School Student/Parent Handbook 2021-2022
- Pre-K Suggested Supply List & Pre-K Annex Drop Off and Pick Up Schedule
- All students are required to wear a mask as per Executive Order 251. Please review this in a positive way with your child.
- All parents must complete and submit daily health form for each child prior to 7:30 A.M.
- Please send a full change of clothes labeled with your child’s name on them to school. We would like to have extra clothing available if your child might need to change for any reason and in the event you are not available to bring a change of clothing for them. If your child should use this change of clothes, please remember to send another set.
- Please do not park illegally, block driveways, or interfere with the traffic flow.
- Parents are not to enter the building unless their child is tardy, as this will delay your child’s progress of acclimating to the school routine.
Thank you for your continued cooperation and collaboration. Please reach out to me if you have any questions. I am looking forward to the opportunity to work together to ensure the best possible education for your children.