McKenzie School Opening Day Important Information
Dear Parents & Guardians:
I hope that you and your family are all in good health and have enjoyed the summer break. I am excited to announce that school will begin for all students in person on Monday, September 13th. Please note that Monday, September 13th and Tuesday, September 14th will be a 12:30 P.M. dismissal. Wednesday, September 15th will be the first full day of school. All McKenzie School students will be following their designated grade level drop-off / arrival procedures and pick up / dismissal procedures.
All opening day documentation will need to be completed digitally through the Genesis Parent Portal. There are a number of important forms, documents, policies/regulations, and agreements that must be read, reviewed, and acknowledged accordingly. You can access all content by logging in to the Genesis Parent Portal HERE. If you are unable to login, first troubleshoot using the Forgot My Password link on the Genesis homepage. If you are still unable to access your account, please contact McKenzie School Office for support. All forms are to be submitted by Friday, September 3, 2021. Please note that if you do not complete all of these forms/acknowledgements, you will be restricted and/or limit access to Genesis for teacher assignments, along with other technologies offered by the District.
Please see below for a few important reminders that are essential to help your child transition to back to school for the first day and for the school year:
- The East Rutherford School District Reopening Plan: "The Road Forward: Health and Safety Guidance for the 2021-2022 School Year"
- McKenzie School Student/Parent Handbook 2021-2022
- McKenzie School Suggested Supply List K to 4th Grade
- YMCA Before and After School Care
- All students are required to wear a mask as per Executive Order 251. Please review this in a positive way with your child.
- All parents must complete and submit daily health form for each child prior to 7:30 A.M.
- Please note that all kindergarten students should arrive at our Totland Entrance with one parent/guardian on the first day of school as all of the kindergarten teachers will be greeting your children at 8:30 A.M. Please follow all signage and communications to line up at the designated area at Totlad.
Thank you for your continued cooperation and collaboration. Please reach out to me if you have any questions.